I’m Gracey Mae, a 28-year-old, Media Personality and I loooove to talk! Whether I’m talking on my Afrobeats radio show, tallking on my Afro Pop Culture podcast, talking whilst I host events or talking (with you) on social media, I’m ALL about talking and encouraging others to get their voices heard!
I have the pleasure of being able to mix my passion for talking with my love for Afrobeats and viola…I get to bring both to you, the viewing public, on a weekly basis with vibrancy, dynamism and energy! You’re never too far away from:
- The AfroNation Show which I co-host every Wednesday from 9-11pm on Westside Radio: Look out for my weekly Afro-Pop Culture segment, aplty titled “Gossip of the Day with Gracey Mae”
- Frobeats: Your Favourite Afro-Pop Culture Podcast which I executively produce and contribute to as a cast/panel member. New episodes are available every Sunday on all Podcast Streaming Platforms and YouTube
- New Music Friday: my weekly playlist of the biggest, baddest and best Afrobeats released each week
- Tracks of the Day with Gracey Mae; my weekly Afrobeats music reviews on Stefi K Agency (the UK’s most reknowned Afrobeats PR Agency)
- Celebrity Interviews with your favourite Afrobeats stars (click Read Mae on the menu)
My work has given me the pleasure of personally interviewing over 130+ celebrities including Davido, D’Banj, Tiwa Savage, Yemi Alade, Stonebwoy, Mr Eazi, Fuse ODG, Zlatan, Teni, Joeboy, Fireboy DML, and so many more.
A little more history about me? I’m Nigerian but I was born and bred in London. I’ve been in and around all things media from my early years. As a youngster, I went to Performing Arts School (John Robert Powers and Azariah Perfoming Arts School) and was featured on Nickelodeon UK. In and around this, I was lucky enough to be a child model for major campaigns including McDonalds and Sainsbury’s; maybe that’s where my love for food truly began lol. During my teenage years, I continued with acting, singing and dancing, as well as sign language, but I also picked up a few sports: Football, Netball and Basketball. The latter I played at a regional level, representing the City of London as a point guard.
Fast forward a few years, and next to my name you’ll find a few of these credentials. I’m a Law graduate who daylights as an IT project manager, wedding coordinator and director of the UK’s biggest wedding business fair for Africans and Caribbeans. I also offer PR, AR, Branding and Events consultancy with Laude London. When that’s not keeping me busy, I freelance by interviewing and writing on other platforms too covering live music events, photoshoots and all things Afro-Pop Culture! Did I mention travel? I beat my target of #30countriesby30 so now I’m aiming for #60by35. I know, it doesn’t have the same ring to it. Haha. I cannot wait!
I’ve loved every step on this amazing walk so far and I can’t wait to see what’s next! Why don’t you join me, and we can find out together? Thanks for stopping by.
“SEE YOU AT THE TOP”